link href='http://brainsandchatterboxfonts.webs.com/blogger-sifr.js' media='all' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'/>

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Dear Mr. Neighbor (Still catching up from last winter)

So, we don't know our neighbors out here so well. We've tried to say hi and things but people aren't as receptive of welcoming strangers around here I guess. Not even with plates full of Christmas goodies. (We tried to give our stair well neighbors plates of yummies and the tenants above us were obviously home since we heard them above us and outside their door and even with a peep hole to see our delicious offering and kind faces we didn't get a hello, or even an open door)

Anyway, this wasn't an encounter that was quite as friendly.

In the previous posts you can see the snow snow snow that we had that winter. Well, it took Brandon, his dad and I were out for 3 hours shoveling out our two little cars. And then we shoveled multiple times. Well, usually you can reserve a spot in the lot but other neighbors had been putting folding chairs out to save the spots they spent hours digging out. Well, I did this too. I'm all about following parking lot rules, but saving your spot seemed pretty fair considering the time it took to dig it out.

So, imagine how irked I was when I got home at 10:30pm in the cold to find my spot taken. SO TICKED!!!!!

Fuming in fact!!

I left a nice but disappointed note on my little "friends" car.

So, neighbors dear, as the snow falling time approaches, be ready to dig your own spot! Or else.... you'll get a note too.
Thanks.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Danielle! I'm so glad that you're still alive! I've been wondering how you are and what you're up to. It's so fun to hear from you!

Dean, Andrea, Tanner, Landon, & Braddock said...

A post!?! Yay! :) Loved your little note! Haha! I definitely agree with you...you deserved that spot!

Jenny said...

Nice to see you're still alive! :) Don't wait so long to post okay? I need to know what you're up to!!