-That "this" deal will be gone in March, but wait they'll check with the supervisor to make sure it really ends this month... hello imaginary person on the other line... "you sure they aren't extending the deal into March, ok I'll let them know"... psshhh ya right.
-Or we could give you this ____ steal of a deal with 3.9 APR financing but only if we sign tonight. 3.9 APR financing, right now?? Really?
-Or "wow, I've been working here for a while and I've never seen him offer that price, it must be cause it's late on Saturday but that's a steal... wow I've really never seen that"
We're young but not stupid.
We've heard that if you are a Costco member that there are Costco deals at dealerships... which no one can seem to make appear on paper cause the deal they're offering is lower than the Costco deal would be. Then why can't we see the Coscto paper work?
Anyway, the plan is to "practice" this whole routine at a few dealerships that we don't want to buy from, and then go from there.
We'd really really love some tips... on buying cars, on financing, on salesman... Can you help? We're looking at a Corolla or Civic or maybe an Elantra.



11 comments:
We feel for you! We just went through the whole thing ourselves. My suggestion is to do your homework on the internet first. Toyotas and hondas are good and reliable, but so are mazdas and nissans (which are cheaper). Good Luck!
I suggest you call Alan -- he loves cars and is way into figuring out how to get good deals and all that. And I know he'd love to help ya out =)
PS - he has a new phone # so if you need it let me know, but I'm pretty sure he emailed/texted it to people.
My sister in Palmyra is trying to sell her Corolla. (Tricia- duh. I don't have to beat around the bush). It's a good car, she just got a bigger one. I know they are planning on driving it out to Utah to sell in March, but maybe... I'll call and find out. What's your price range? I'll call you too.
We have a corolla and civic right now, they have both been great cars and get good gas mileage. Good luck! i hate car salesman too!
Well, my suggestion isn't necessarily the nicest one but it's effective. Research online, find the lowest price that the car would go for at a dealership, take about $3000 off that price, walk into the dealership and say, "I want that car for this much and I know that because you guys are in such a slump right now that any sale is a good sale so I know that you can sell it to me for at the most this much. If you can't, I'll take my business elsewhere." Again, not nice, but effective. Good luck!
Danielle, thanks for blog stalking! Now I'm stalking you, and I have to say I just read this post and had to laugh. I read it to Ty and he got a good laugh out of it too :) Where do you live now? Ty used to sell cars for a dealership called "affinity auto" in Bountiful. They are fantastic...one of the owners is in our ward. They are straight forward, honest, no run around, awesome people and sell mostly toyotas but will have civics once in a while, ty says. If you're in Utah, check them out! They really are great
I have a SIL who had luck essentially buying a Camry onlyne from a dealership. They did it all through the website, then walked straight to the back of the dealership where they signed all the paperwork with a manager. Maybe one of the dealerships nearby offers such a thing?
I'm all about buying used cars from private parties, though. It saves on sales tax, haggling, and the price is lower anyway. My old Corolla is still going strong with very few repairs and I paid less than $3k for it in '02. (Heck, it even got us from AZ to ME to TX with no problems whatsoever.)
I'm sending you an email with my advice! I have lots! I started typing it and then realized it'd take a million pages! So, check your email for my advice! Fun though!
I am a loan officer Danielle and I can help ya out on interest rates. Let me know if you need it.
I don't have any experience in buying cars, but I just wanted to say hi back! Now we can be bloggy friends! Hooray!
Hey, just wondering how the new car is holdin up. Hope all is going well.
Post a Comment