
Wow, I know that December is a crazy time for most people and this year has been no different for us. There have been lots of surprises for us and lots of fun. I think I'll post a few times to catch up little by little. First off originally our plan was to head to Arizona with Brandon's family but with the economy being so fantastic right now we decided to wait... but I being, well me... still was trying to find a way home for a quick visit. We found a plane ticket we thought we could get and were going to buy it the next day after talking to my family to make sure things worked. Well, the next morning our car wouldn't start...for the second time since we got it this summer. Sad times. Finally it was decided no one would get to go home and we'd get to see friends and family one day and just be grateful for cell phones this holiday.
Well, our little Christmas miracle was that a little elf called my mom one day thinking about me and had extra frequent flyer miles as was wondering if I wanted to come home. I'm not a cry baby (usually) but if I say much more I'll start crying. Let's just say that I really needed a trip home, just needed a little love from my family, a little rejuvenation and we'd tried a lot of ways of getting me home and after lots of trying it didn't look possible. So thank you Bart and Jo for a much needed little trip!!! and thank you Brandon for letting me leave you even though that meant you were all by yourself! So glad we're back together. MWAA.
In a few days I had a way home and then was home, so it was a quick and crazy trip.
3 comments:
It is always good to be home for a little while. I am definitely enjoying my time at home before life gets a little crazier with student teaching and RA responsibilites but hey life goes on. I am glad that you are re-energized and that life is looking up.
Danielle! I had no idea you had a blog, but thanks to some good blog stalking I found you! It looks like you are doing well, I am so glad you got to come home, its cliche but truly there is no place like home for the holidays. Anyway, its so good to see what your up to, keep in touch!
you and your husband are both so good at having patience and being away from each other- seriously!
you both are much braver than i ever have been... i am a bit too high maintenance, i suppose :)
Post a Comment