link href='http://brainsandchatterboxfonts.webs.com/blogger-sifr.js' media='all' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'/>

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

How many states can you name in 10 minutes?




So, it is after midnight.  I should be asleep.  I have to leave my house for work in less than 7 hours and what am I doing... testing my 5th grade knowledge.  Or is it 4th?  






Well, Brandon and I went to one of those sites...  and it times you as you name as many of the states that you can in ten minutes.  "Ten minutes is a long time" is what I'm sure you are all thinking- to name 50 little states.  Well, try it, you just think and think and can't remember that one or two (or 6 if your Brandon- love you hun!).  

I am happy, yet still frustrated to report that I only missed one...silly Oklahoma.  My victory in this little game earns me the treat of my choice at a store as long as it's under $3.  I'm so excited!!


It's kind of fun, if you want to try click here 

5 comments:

Brittney Q. said...

It's definitely 5th grade. I finished it with 5 min. remaining. I better be good at it, because I teach it.

Melissa said...

That is interesting. I had 2 minutes and 30 seconds left. This got me thinking but it's a good thing since some of my kids will be doing their states and capitals test in a couple months or sooner. That is cool that you guys found some sites like that. Hope things are going good for you guys. Glad you were able to find a job and hope you enjoy it.

Danielle said...

Okay, I felt silly enough for forgetting a state... especially one that is the name of a musical that gets stuck in my head every month or so... But after mr smarty pants husband of mine couldn't think of 6 I thought I was doing so well. You teachers are too smart for me. Oh and for the record, I'd named 41 or 42 in the first five minutes. :)

Holly Janeen said...

i missed 11. i swear i was absent the day that they taught the state song... i did the best i could!!!

Trevan, Megan and Kaleigh! said...

That was really fun! I know a song as well, that is the only way we got it in time. (Barely in time though!)