link href='http://brainsandchatterboxfonts.webs.com/blogger-sifr.js' media='all' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'/>

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Magical Land of Blossoms

Cherry Blossom Festival in DCSo we've been lucky to spend some time with Ben and Keiko before they leave the area.  They took us to a place that serves smores, have you ever heard of such a place??

The smores outing was a while ago but 2 weeks ago we met up with them before Conference on Sunday morning and walked around the basin.  All around the monuments in DC are hundreds and hundreds of cherry trees, and 2 weeks ago they were all in bloom.  It was magical!  Blossoms everywhere, all around the basin, above us- everywhere. 

It was gorgeous!  Breathtaking.  I loved walking around and am so glad these guys humored me as I kept taking pictures and wanted to walk just a little more in this magical land of pink.  The only thing that would have made this jaunt more pleasant was if my nice camera's batteries weren't dead, or if I had a new digital SLR one.  But doesn't this look pretty amazing?
And then this beautiful stroll was followed by Conference.  It was quite the wonderful weekend!

7 comments:

Megs said...

Wow, those blossoms are gorgeous!

Tasha said...

That looks so beautiful that I think I will have to make a trip to DC in the spring some time!!
Congrats on the new car too! So, who gets to drive it :)

Jenny said...

I want to know where you can go to get smores! So cool! The rest was neat too... : )

Joey, Amber, Ken , Ellie, Bruce and Patrick said...

Looks like tons of fun!

Michelle said...

I'm in love with cherry blossoms, especially in DC. So glad you're enjoying them for me!

MKS said...

danielle! we might be coming to dc in august. what are your recommendations? any good places to stay that you know of? email me at melking1@gmail.com

Shanna said...

Hey Dani! We tried to do a cheer but it just wouldn't work!! We're not the cheerleader types! How are you guys doing? It's been a while, I hope all is going well!