link href='http://brainsandchatterboxfonts.webs.com/blogger-sifr.js' media='all' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'/>

Monday, March 9, 2009

Happy First Week!


Brandon's company was downsized a bit ago, along with so many others all around I guess.  It's been a bit frustrating--- lack of $, moving out to Baltimore of all places for the job, living right downtown in a, well a rougher city so he could walk to work (we were sharing one car)... and then... WHAM... change of plans.  It's been a tad bit crazy and threw off "our plan" momentarily, delaying my return to school and flippin things around.  But we are so happy that Brandon was offered a job and started working last week as a consultant for


Brandon's company was downsized a bit ago, along with so many others all around I guess.  It's been a bit frustrating--- lack of $, moving out to Baltimore of all places for the job, living right downtown in a, well a rougher city so he could walk to work (we were sharing one car)... and then... WHAM... change of plans.  It's been a tad bit crazy and threw off "our plan" momentarily, delaying my return to school and flippin things around.  But we are so happy that Brandon was offered a job and started working last week as a consultant for


As we try to figure out our new life plan we realized that in order for both of us to get to work we needed to a) move and pay a few thousand dollars (ug) to get out of our apartment contract and rent a car or something while we still lived here b)one of us learn to fly (I really wish) so we could get to work c)or make a route that takes less than 2.5 hours to get to work, you know, by speeding up the buses or making friends with a Chloe (24) type person who will coordinate city lights and traffice for us daily... or d)buy a car... 

With a ton of research, not tons of time, some good advice from friends, and some super informative and helpful (what we'd do without you, I'm not sure) loan advice, (thank you all so much!) and the incentives/rebates/stimulus going on right now we added this new baby to our family last week...






(the car).  
I need a better picture, but she's cute and so fun to drive.  :)

9 comments:

Melissa said...

Dani~ That is a cool car! Congrats! Did you guys move? Sounds like things are going good for you guys. Hope they stay that way. Thanks for all you do! Happy Birthday this week to both of you! Hope you both have great days!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the car! Where are you thinking of movint to? Any ideas yet?

Matt said...

looks like a great purchase, I hope all of the stuff I shared really does end up working out to your benefit:)

Alisa said...

So, happy birthday! I know that this is a little bit belated... but I was in China last week without any contact with the outside world. I hope it was the best! Also, congratulations on the car! Hopefully everything will start working out. Also, congratulations to Brandon on the new job! I love ya, I hope you know that, and I will give you a call when I get the chance. I just got back and all of my report cards are due tomorrow. Augh!

Mandy said...

Happy belated Birthday! I hope you had a great day! Congrats on Brandon getting a job and your new car...how fun. I hope things are going well for you guys. We'll have to talk soon.

Dean, Andrea, Tanner, Landon, & Braddock said...

Congrats on the new car! I'm still waiting for the day that we have two. We seem to make due for now so I guess I can't complain. Hey thanks for the offer to watch Tanner while we were at the Temple. Dean's parents came too, so it worked out fine, but maybe sometime we'll have to take you up on that. Plus it would be so fun to see you!

Shatzi Webster said...

I would seriously...seriously... go CRAZY if we didn't both have a car. It's so much more expensive, but I don't know how we would ever be able to manage any other way. I guess if we were forced, but then I would probably be stuck home ALL the time. Not that I even go very many places, but sometimes I need to. Good luck with the job change! It's always so scary when life gets thrown up in the air and things change. It sound like you guys are doing good, though.

Hale-O There said...

I'm glad things are working out and I love the new car! It seems like a tough time to find a job- that's great. happy bdays- late

Erika said...

What a nice car! Is it a Toyota?